Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Special Day Today


I was overwhelmingly inspired by my son today. That's something that seems to happen more often as my two sons have grown up to become their own person.

My oldest son, Craig, ran in his first ever 10km race today in Niagara Falls, ON. In his own words, he was a couch potato four months ago, and he made a plan, and set a goal back in the summer to run in the race today. It was the culmination of a lot of hard work, commitment and perseverance. In his first ever long distance race, he finished 33rd out of 445 runners at a time that averaged faster than an 8 minute mile.

I am proud of him not just for finishing the race in such good order, but mostly for his committing to a long term goal and attaining it. We all can learn from that! Congratulations, Craig!

1 comment:

Sabine said...

you should be proud....an 8 minute mile is amazing in my book...