Monday, September 22, 2008

A Sunshine Kids Thank You

We plug along day to day contributing and raising money for the Canadian Sunshine Kids. This thank you letter came to me via email recently. It is written by Ashley Dauke from Port Coquitlam, BC, who attended a Sunshine Kids event in New York City in July. It makes our fundraising efforts all worthwhile. Our mini-golf tournament is coming up on November 7th at the Cambridge office. This year's goal is $ 10,000!

Thank you Sunshine Kids
I want to tell you how much I appreciate the experience of New York. I had been looking forward to July 20 for months and my expectations were not disappointed. It's true what they say, New York really never sleeps. I can see why, it's so big and bright with so many things to see. Who wants to sleep?
The New York trip marked the end of my intensive treatment and the beginnings of normal life. It's a trip I'll always remember for changing the way I see the world.
From the bottom of my heart, Thank You
Ashley Dauke

No comments: